Monday, May 23, 2011

YSA and Spicy Curry

YESTERDAY was my first time ever going to the Young Single Adult (YSA) Ward. I went with my Best Friend Kilynne and consequently we matched. Red half-sleeved cardigans over black tanks and form fitting black pencil skirts. Paired with that were our dangerous heels. When I stepped out of the door and walked over to her car, I noticed her laughing at me. I was doing a "sexy" walk, so I thought that was what she was laughing at until I got to the passenger car door and saw her outfit. It was a complete coincidence that we matched, it is not like we planned it or anything.
We walked into sacrament meeting maybe 6 minutes late and it would not be lying to say that a third of the congregation turned around to scope us out. Because you know, huh, that is not embarassing at all! Without the noise from children in the family wards, you could now hear sounds that you could never have heard before in sacrament! Like the humming of the fluorescent lights that hung above us and the tapping of a heel against the back of a pew. I realized that I need the crazy family ward backdrop noise to actually concentrate on the talks that are being given. The talks given were on testimonies. 
In relief society they made us stand up so that the women there could identify us as the graduating laurels that may or may not start attending YSA.
After we were supposed to head over to one of the two Sunday school classes. In the hall way I thought I saw a guy that I went on a date with once and my heart lept with terror. I made a B-line for one of the rooms we were supposed to go into just in case. Turns out it was HIM and I was like a dog cowering in fear at the sight of HIM. HE freaks me out if you haven't noticed yet. "Why?" you may ask? Compulsive lies; drinking habits; strip club hang-outs; smoking habits; shopaholic; inconsiderate. These are some of the things that describe HIM. So it's understandable that he freaks me out right? 
At the linger-longer I got to meet some really nice guys. You see, the great thing about YSA is that all of the guys are really nice and flirty to you because you are the new girl there. And it always helps if you aren't intimidated by the "scary" men and can talk to them like they are actual human beings. Just saying. So this is my over all review of the highs and lows of my first time at YSA!

AFTERWARD at mi casa I got to try out some very lovely and very very spicy curry! That was very sarcastic. I am a very white girl who can NOT handle the heat. I am proud to say that I toughed it out though! Poor Kilynne is just like me and suffered through it also. Thank goodness for milk. That should sum up the rest of what I have to say on that regard.
Guess who gave me a lovely visit?! My great boyfriend Jonathan did! He came bearing a gift, a single sunflower in a vase, just because. At the end of the day I can never understand why any girl could ever like a "bad boy" when the nice guys are so great!     
  
~Nicole



-My sister Megan, me, my Mother and my sister Kristen.

No comments:

Post a Comment